IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
COVID-19 Update ~ Open to See Patients
Effective immediately, we are open to treat patients for all emergencies and procedures. To provide the safest environment for our patients, we have implemented the following precautionary measures:
- Online and phone consults are available to all patients to limit the number of visitors to our offices
Updated Scheduling Process
- An updated scheduling process to ensure social distancing in our waiting areas will be followed where visitors to the facility will be limited to only those essential for the patient’s physical or emotional wellbeing and care.
Patient and Visitor Safety
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a facemask or cloth face covering while in the facility, to perform frequent hand hygiene, and to restrict their visit to the patient’s room or other areas designated within the facility.
Staff and Patient Screening
- We will be assessing each patient and staff member’s risk for infection with a questionnaire upon entry to our offices. If you, anyone in your family, or anyone you have been in contact with is experiencing fever, respiratory symptoms or shortness of breath or has tested positive for COVID-19, please notify us before coming to the office.
Strict Hand Hygiene
- All patients, visitors and staff will be required to follow strict guidelines for hand hygiene.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Gown, gloves and eye protection are required for all staff members. Clinical employees will wear N95/ KN95 masks, gloves, full face shields and disposable gowns. Gloves and gowns will be disposed of after each patient. Nonclinical employees will wear Level 1, 2, or 3 masks and gloves.
Updated Cleaning Protocols for Patient and Visitor Areas
- Non-dedicated and non-disposable equipment (e.g., handpieces, dental x-ray equipment, dental chair and light) will be disinfected according to manufacturer’s instructions. Handpieces will be cleaned to remove debris, followed by heat sterilization after each patient.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures using EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant will be performed in clinical areas between each patient and to frequently touched surfaces or objects through the office. Surfaces such as door handles, chairs, desks, elevators, and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently